March 14, 2022
Diesel engine can't start -- common sense of rotary drilling rig maintenance
There may be many reasons why the diesel engine of rotary drilling rig cannot be started. Today, I'd like to share a common sense of diesel engine failure maintenance of rotary drilling rig.
First of all, to eliminate the failure of the diesel engine to start, we must first know the cause:
1. Insufficient power output of starting motor;
2. When the engine starts with load, the output power of the motor is not enough to drive the engine to start;
3. The main circuit of the motor has fault and poor contact, resulting in the failure of the battery to transmit electric energy normally, resulting in the weakness of the motor, etc;
4. The current of the battery is too small, resulting in insufficient output power of the motor and failure to start the engine.
Let's eliminate the fault according to the cause:
1. Check whether the line connecting the battery is loose;
when removing the battery, first remove the negative pole of the battery, and then remove the positive pole; During installation, install the positive pole of the battery and then the negative pole to avoid short circuit of the battery during disassembly.
2. First, turn the starting key to check the engine speed. If the starting motor is difficult to drive the engine to rotate, and the motor cannot drive the engine after several revolutions. It is preliminarily judged that the engine is normal, which may be due to battery power loss.
In short, the power output of the starting motor is insufficient or the current provided by the battery cannot reach the rated starting current, which will lead to the failure to start the engine; Motor main circuit failure may also lead to motor weakness and failure to start.